Wednesday, 27 June 2007

Da Peng You

I'm just so glad that the orientation is over. I think I was worried about it to the point that my gastric nearly came back (can feel the acid building up), and I couldn't really sleep much last night thinking about how I'm going to prepare for it.

Haiz, I think I tried my 80% best already. I hope it is better this time. Boo hoo.

Isaac came for the orientation too, but last minute we had to ask him to present his part on PB. Luckily he didn't scold or what la, but I feel a bit bad at the impromptu thing. I said if it was James, I think I die already. Really appreciate boss came back to help too. Somehow or other, I don't know how come she always can manage to find other things to talk about particular bullet point. To me it's a bit like, how much can I say about xxx programme ? Gardening is gardening what. Plant seeds, pluck flower, then what ? I think I really gotta learn about SELLING something.

Oh ya, reminds me of what Isaac and I were talking about. He was very nice, took train with me and walked me home. (I guess older guys are naturally more gentlemanly.) We had a pretty good conversation on the way back also la. Talked about work, about relationships, etc.

About relationships, must make mental note about where in the bible says guys must be more initiative. He made a point about not taking implied meaning for absolute truth. An interesting alternative to using what we usually describe as normative and non-normative in BS (if I didn't understand Weihao and Isaac wrongly). Actually, I don't know lei. I know a lot of people say that God made guys the initiator, but honestly I don't know the scriptural part. Must go find.

He was advising me that as a girl, and he has seen many of his girl friends, don't just keep waiting but 'sell' yourself. Of course not 'sell' in the negative connotation way, but I think what he means is to widen your social circle, know how to get along with guys, etc. How apt that just the other day Angeline and I were talking about being attractive to the opposite gender. I wondered where is the line to draw between trying to attract and initiating.

Anyway, confusion aside. I still should go and do my own research. Currently it is still my own conviction that my future husband must be the one who initiate a relationship. Somehow, I find it very courageous in a man to initiate (flirts exclusive) and I don't think I prefer to trust an emasculated man to lead my family in future. Maybe it is also influenced by a bit of traditional thinking that guys should initiate. But what is more important is not tradition but what God says.

Other than this, it was quite a funny conversation on the train ride back. At times, when we weren't talking about work. He actually noticed I kept staring at him on Dumpling day and that was because I couldn't recognise him in his home clothes. I usually have to recognise the face first because the body is unrecognisable in home clothes. Like so rude, this colleague, he was saying. It was really very funny on the train, hahaha. Though maybe written out it probably sounds lame and watered down.

So strange, didn't really expect to be able to 'click' relatively ok with Isaac. Good la, seldom so large an age gap still can be friends and get along. Of course, then again, I only know him for a short period of time. Peeked at his Friendster to see what kind of person he was. A bit similar, I think. Except - I have better sense of direction.

No comments: