Tuesday, 5 June 2007

A Bout Of Gastritis

Hmm, first time I'm actually diagnosed with gastritis. I never really thought I had that. I thought those kinds of 'mild' pain (ok, 'mild' compared with what's going on now) was something like gastric but hmm, how wrong I am today.

Tummy's been behaving funnily since Saturday. Friday to be exact. Feeling nauseous on Friday for some reason or other (Elaine and I joked about the TPS syndrome, where after meeting him one will be sick, coz she felt unwell too - but haha, of course it's just a joke.) Then the tummyaches came after the iced coffee on Saturday. Apparently, the coffee from the shop at Dhoby Exchange is really potent. Maybe I drank too much of their coffee over time, too strong for my stomach.

The pain is really unbearable. Every 20-30 minutes (yes, I timed it) or so when the pain comes, it's like a mental preparation "ok, here it comes again", and then one has to anticipate the 'peak' of the pain, and wait for it to be over.

I finally saw the doctor just now. Got the medicine, ate it. Woke up around 12.05am coz I suddenly felt like puking. Rushed to toilet but good, I didn't puke.

Hmm, gastritis is bad. I mean, I know it's common but it just hits you when it happens to you. Can't eat a lot of stuff too till it gets better. Cannot eat spicy, fried foods, milk (and milk-based stuff), soya products ... at least these are the few I can remember. Haiz, looks like 'yu2 pian4 mi2 fen3" is going to be my next best friend.

No comments: